Shake Those Blues Away
I’m a very emotional person. When I’m in deep sadness I always end up having no sleep at all, It is like a curse. Sometimes I wouldn’t notice the severity until I was losing weight from lack of sleep or having my migraine because of thinking too much. Taking pill to cure headache is no longer enjoyable. I tend to accept the pain more than I can handle. But I found out that there is a food that can help you shake those blues away. This are known as “happy foods”
1. chocolates– for all the chocolate lovers I know you will surely enjoy what is in store for you. Contrary to myths Chocolates are not aphrodisiac food, chocolates contain chemical phenylethylamine which releases dopamine that creates the feeling of pleasure. Chocolates are also considered as antioxidants it contains flavonoids procyanidins & epicatechins. Flavonoids are part of a group of antioxidants known as polyphenols and are found naturally in foods such as tea, red wine, fruits and vegetables. In addition chocolate is also known as natural analgesic or pain killer so you can have it to relieve stress, anxiety and pain. Studies also shown that women who eats chocolates regularly have a better mental health than those who don’t.
2. Almonds: Almonds have a lot of health benefits, they prevent several chronic diseases and boost your memory. They have good fats associated with reducing the risk of heart disease. But eat this in moderation because it can give headache, I was advised to stay away from almond because it can trigger my migraine.
3. Bananas– It contains tryptophan that our body converts to serotonin, which is responsible to give us the feeling of happiness. It helps in people who are suffering from cramps.
4. oily fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines. Oily fishes are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which can lift our mood.A study in Finland shows that people who eat more fish are less likely to be depressed. High doses of omega-3 may even be used to treat clinical depression.The Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid or GABA provides mood-elevating effects by blocking feelings of anxiety and stress. Fishes also contains Vit B6 and B12 which is responsible for serotonin production that gives you the feeling of happiness.
5. Oranges contain inositol a substance that has been shown to diminished mood swings and relief from depression. The link is inositol’s role in regulating serotonin and insulin levels. It can also help in the breakdown of fats and reduction of blood cholesterol. 2 glasses can help a lot .